How to Die Cut 2 3/4" Squares:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Cut a 8 3/4" strip across the width of fabric. Fanfold into 3 1/4" widths. Place on selected blade and cut. Cut 36 squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 144 squares.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 2 3/4" Square Die:
- No sliding rulers! No miscuts! The GO! Square-2¾" includes three squares that can be time-consuming to cut by hand.
- The GO! Square-2 3/4" die is the perfect size to cut your own squares with your favorite fabrics or out of fabric pieces from your stash.
- GO! Square-2 3/4" was designed to work with GO! Half Square Triangle-2 1/4" Finished Square (55147) and GO! Qube Mix & Match 9" Block (55777) to make 9" finished blocks.
- GO! Square-2 3/4" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut squares out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.