How to Die Cut Heather Feather Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- To cut a complete motif, lay two pieces of fusible web-backed fabric, each 5 1/2" x 11 3/4" right sides together, centered on the die board. Cut three complete motifs across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 18 complete motifs.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Heather Feather #1 Die:
- Sarah Vedeler is an amazing designer who turns simple shapes into intricate embroidery designs. Her designs are vibrant, playful and unique.
- The die cuts half of GO! Heather Feather Motif #1. To cut the whole motif, place two pieces of fabric right sides together on the die.
- No template required. The GO! Heather Feather #1 die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Heather Feather CD by Sarah Vedeler Designs coordinates with these GO! dies to create stunning embroidery and embroidered applique.
- Cut GO! Heather Feather #1 out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.