AQ Cutting Mat Required: GO! Cutting Mat, 10 in. x 24 in. 2 Pack (25.4 cm x 61 cm) Item 255113
How to Die Cut 2 1/4" Strips:
- 2 1/4" Strips: Cut 9 1/2" wide strips across the width of fabric to cut four, 2 1/4" strips. Position fabric on die so fold of fabric is perpendicular to cutting blades and will roll through the cutter first. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 15 strips.
- 2 1/4" Squares: Start with a 2 1/4" strip aligning it across the die board with the 90° guide line. Fanfold into 9 1/2" widths. Cut 16, 2 1/4" squares across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 240 squares.
- 45° Diamond-3 1/4" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/4" strip. Align your 2 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 45° guide line.
- 30° Diamond-4 1/2" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/4" strip. Align your 2 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 30° guide line.
- 60° Diamond-2 5/8" Cut Side Edge: Start with a 2 1/4" strip. Align your 2 1/4" strip across the die board to the right side of the 60° guide line.
Why Quilters Love the GO! 2 1/4" Strip Cutter Die:
- The smaller the strip, the more difficult it is to cut accurately. The GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/4" makes it easy to cut perfect single and double-fold bindings (finishes to 7/8" wide), narrow borders, 1 3/4" finished sashing, string piecing, bindings and more.
- No sliding rulers! No miscuts! The GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/4" includes four strips that can be a challenge to cut by hand.
- Idea for scrappy quilts! Easily cut up to 6 layers of scraps or full length fabric on the die to get 12 perfectly cut 2 1/4" strips in one pass thru the cutter.
- GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/4" includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Cut perfect 2 1/4" strips, then use the angled guide lines to cut squares and diamonds.
- Die blades are 23" long and are open at both ends to allow cutting of fabric that is still folded as it comes off the bolt.
- Cut strips out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.