How to Die Cut 2-Color Pineapple Quilt Blocks:
For best cutting results, position fabric on the lengthwise grain (straight of grain) as it goes under the roller.
- Fabric Color 1: Cut one 3" x 3" square over shape A and cut; then cut two 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" squares over shape H and cut; and finally cut four 9" x 3 5/8" rectangles over shapes C/E/F/G and cut.
- Fabric Color 2: Cut four 7 1/2" x 3 5/8" rectangles over shapes B/D/E/F and cut. Note: Instructions for cutting a 3-color and 4-color block included in die packaging.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Pineapple Die:
- No templates, no special rulers, no paper piecing and no need to trim as you go! Pineapple includes 11 unique shapes that are difficult to cut by hand.
- Pineapple features specialized dog-ears and includes 1/4" seam allowances for easy alignment and piecing.
- Pineapple includes screen printed letters on die for easier piecing and organization of shapes.
- Free pattern downloads and step-by-step block assembly instructions are available to get you started.
- Layer Cake and Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.