How to Die Cut Heather Feather Border Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- The GO! Heather Feather Border Collection die was designed to allow the creation of an 8" wide feathered border with an 8" repeat and a mitered corner. The GO! Heather Feather Border Collection Ideas specify how to create borders with 1 repeat in each half of the border, 2 repeats, 3 repeats and 4 repeats.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Heather Feather Border Die:
- No template required. The GO! Heather Feather Border die includes applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Heather Feather CD by Sarah Vedeler Designs coordinates with these GO! dies to create stunning embroidery and embroidered applique.
- Cut GO! Heather Feather Border out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Fat Quarter-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.