How to Die Cut Grapes of Wrath Shapes:
Apply fusible web product to the wrong side of the fabric, following manufacturer’s instructions, before cutting for fusible appliqué.
- Grape: Cut and fuse 2 1/2" x 2 3/4" rectangles. Cut 84 grapes across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 1,176 grapes.
- Small Leaf: Cut and fuse 2 1/2" x 2 7/8" rectangles. Cut 13 small leaves across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 182 small leaves.
- Large Leaf: Cut and fuse 4" x 4 1/2" rectangles. Cut eight large leaves across the width of fabric. One yard of 40" wide fabric cuts 72 large leaves.
Why Quilters Love the GO! Grapes of Wrath Die:
- No templates required! The GO! Grapes of Wrath die includes three applique shapes that are typically difficult to cut by hand.
- Quickly and easily cut four of each pre-fused applique shape in one pass thru the cutter (fusible counts as one half layer of fabric).
- Cut Grapes of Wrath shapes out of a variety of fabrics: cotton, batiks, wool, felt, flannel, fleece, Cuddle® fabrics and more!
- Experiment with decorative stitches and threads to finish your Grapes of Wrath designs.
- A great way to use up scraps.
- Free pattern downloads available to get you started.
- Charm Pack-friendly.
- Cut so much more fabric in less time.
- Get accurate cuts every time -- No slipping rulers or mistakes
- Easiest to use -- Simply place die on cutter, then fabric and cutting mat on top
- Save fabric with Two Tone Foam -- Get more out of your fabric by placing it only over the shape you want to cut.
- Safe to use -- No blades come anywhere near your fingers
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It's always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.